Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What a Small World!

It is Thursday morning in Singapore and Wednesday night - St. Patricks Day in Galveston, Texas. I just spoke to my daughter Jessica and my nephew Danny live over a webcam at The Spot in Galveston, Texas. How much fun is this? As they cheered with their green beers, I sipped my morning coffee and we caught up. Life doesn't get any better than this. Or does it?

I want to remind any of you reading this that I have spent the last 20 years traveling the globe and my daughter traveled with me. Now that she is in her 3rd year at Texas A&M, her travel schedule has slowed quite a bit, but today I had her with me in Singapore - if only on a webcam - live enough to talk and see each other. She spoke to the participants in the class and together everyone had a laugh.

So why is it so hard to talk to the people you see everyday - your family, your friends, your boss, your co-workers. Do me a favor. Get up tomorrow morning with a new attitude. Make an effort to reach out to those around you at home and at work. Get on the elevator and don't look down. Make eye contact with the people in line with you at Starbucks. Smile at the valet who takes your car, hold a door for someone and more than ever - appreciate all this wonderful world has to offer. It is ours for the taking - so let's do something about it.

Whatever corner of the world you are in - Cheers to you from me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy this blog hits home for me. I had an issue this week at my office where having community with coworkers was frowned upon. I was floored when I was approached by one of the department supervisors and after, thought if we can not be friendly with our coworkers we will fail.
so thanks for this blog!!!!
Craig

Anonymous said...

Hi there all, here every one is sharing such knowledge, so it's good to read this web site, and I used to pay a quick visit this webpage everyday.

Here is my web blog; cash king advance