Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thai Food - Spicy but Sweet!

Before I traveled to Thailand, I never thought I liked Thai food. My brother in law loved it and I always said - no, too spicy. Then I spent a week in Bangkok and fell in love with the spicy and sweet tastes of Thailand. Thai Cuisine is well-known for being hot and spicy and for its balance of five fundamental flavors in each dish or the overall meal - hot (spicy), sour, sweet, salty, and bitter.

Last night I took Lefty to my favorite Thai restaurant in Singapore. I had been there before, and in addition to the great food ~ the employees are spectacular. They genuinely want to help you. They describe each item on the menu as if they made it themselves, they come up with ideas for local wines and beyond everything ~ they are excited you are dining with them. The name of the restaurant is Kha. So where does this dining experience lead me...

In life, there are people that are spicy - hot- hot-hot! But very sweet. I think I am one of those people. I have a lot of fire in my personality, but in the end I care deeply about those around me. You don't need to be luke warm to be friendly - you can have a spicy temper, passion and lust for life....just remember when you get too hot, enjoy the coconut sticky rice with mango to calm you down.

Here is to living a spicy life, that always has a sweet ending to each day!

No comments: