Saturday, July 14, 2012

Observations of "Real People Doing Dumb Things" I am sitting right now in the TAP Lounge in Lisbon, Portugal listening to a man on the phone trying to get rid of a virus on his computer. He is talking to his IT professional back in his office and apparently from what I can hear (and everyone else in the lounge) is that he needs to set new passwords for his accounts. So that is exactly what he does - he confirms these passwords OUT-LOUD for everyone in this TAP Lounge to hear them , write them down and hack right back into his computer. I am sure you can only guess knowing how "curious" I am that I needed to say something to him - my traveling companion - Lefty told me to stay out of it, but I thought otherwise. I leaned over and mentioned that everyone could hear his passwords and he should not say them so loud. He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "I have to give them to my IT guy because he said I can't email them or someone could get them." OK - I give up. Is everyone a "stupid donkey?" Just earlier in my day I was at the Frankfurt Lufthansa Lounge and every person that walked by the coat hanger hit their head on the hangers. I watched this for about 20 minutes and then decided I would get up and move the hangers that were sticking out in the way of people walking by. No one else noticed, cared or even made mention that they were hitting their head on the hangers. Honestly - what is wrong with being curious - I just decided that my goal in life is to stay connected and share my thoughts with people whether they want to hear them or not. I know that someone out there will appreciate me one of these days. Signing off - Airline Lounge Curious Cindy

No comments: