Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hurricane IKE!

I will never again be able to look at a natural disaster and not think of what my family has been through the last few weeks. September 13th brought "IKE" into Galveston where my daughter lives a few blocks from the beach. It not only destroyed the island, it left my daughter nothing to salvage but some of her clothes and pictures. She lost everything else in her apartment - but she is safe and that is what counts. My parents and sister in Houston went for 13 days without electricity. I spent a week and a half helping everyone out and the toughest part was when we were given clearance to get on Galveston Island - words will never describe what we saw when we entered Jessica's apartment. We are among so many that suffer during hurricanes, tornados, floods, fires, earthquakes and much more. Nothing is more important than family and friends - stuff is just stuff that can be replaced. Don't take for granted anything you hold dear - enjoy each day and reach out to your loved ones!

No comments: