Thursday, January 20, 2011

January Bliss

Everyone always thinks that Cindy Novotny never slows down – and in reality, this statement is true. I am a constant road warrior who works very hard and travels for most of the year. Despite popular belief, I actually do take some time to myself throughout the year, but for the first time in a long time, I was able to do that in January. A fresh start – a recharge of my battery, and now I’m ready to roll.

This past weekend, Lefty & I went to our cottage in Northern Michigan. And although we had 15 inches of snow – it was beautiful, relaxing, and gave me a couple days to really recharge and relax. Even my daughter, Jessica said, “Gosh, Mom I haven’t really heard from you guys in days!” (That is very rare!) I was able to semi plan out my year, decide when I’m taking time off, get to some personal and professional to-do’s that I’ve been putting off a long time. And on top of that, I was able to decorate and enjoy our serene, wintery cottage with a roaring fire and glass of wine – ah!

So, even if you feel like you don’t have enough time – deep down, if I can find some time, so can you. Take a step back and look at the year ahead. Start planning, re-focusing and prepare to take 2011 by full force. It is important to re-connect with yourself – do what you need to do, go where you need to go – all of us have families, companies, and jobs but amazingly enough they know when you need that time and they will end up giving you that gift, I promise.

No comments: