Monday, May 18, 2009

The Value of Business Travel

As I sit in my office after 19 days on the road preparing to leave for another 7 days, I realize the effect of business travel and productivity. Without a doubt, I have been extremely conscious of talking to everyone I meet on the planes, in the airports, hotels and around the meetings at coffee breaks. It is this simple. People need to break away from their normal day to day operations and meet with others to define strategies, action steps and programs to take their organizations into the future.

I truly believe we have hit the bottom and things are moving. I am seeing more travelers out calling on their customers and beginning to entertain them as well. Last week while attending an Oracle Users Group Conference and then a Sage Users Conference, I met more people that spoke to me about how business was rebounding.

Now, I say that but then I also see the business that is still suffering. Let's not play business right now. Let's focus on making it real! Real is about honesty, integrity and follow through. I leave you with this. Who do you need to call to clear up some issues? Who did you forget to follow up with, and what do you need to do to connect with your customers? It is up to you....not me!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Having to go to a big event in your company or maybe a very important occasion? It would be best to hire a car rental service to make you more feel comfortable and may boost your confidence when you arrive.

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed
in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Cheers

Feel free to surf to my blog ... cash advance using savings account